Submitting your Application
1. Don’t forget that all applications must be submitted both electronically AND in hard-copy PDF format. Please carefully follow the instructions for printing your online application, available on the application system website. Please keep a paper copy of your application.
2. Electronic applications MUST be submitted by midnight, Pacific Daylight Time, on October 19, 2009. The application system will not be available after that time. If you do not submit by midnight on the 19th, you will not be able to submit your application. You should receive an email confirming that your online application was submitted. If you do not receive this email, please contact Embark’s technical support immediately.
3. The deadline for receipt of the hard copy of the Fulbright applications is October 21, 2009. This is NOT a postmark date.
4. IIE cannot confirm the receipt of any documents, whether it is your Fulbright application, letters of support or any other supplementary information. Please do not contact us about receipt of all of your documents. We recommend that you send materials to IIE in a traceable format such as FedEx, UPS, etc.
5. Please ensure that your application is printed on only one side of a page.
6. Don’t forget to SIGN the application at the bottom of Page 1 of the PDF version of your application.
After Submitting your Application
1. Continue to work on your language skills. Even if you don’t receive a grant, the time and effort you put into language study will pay off.
2. You are welcome to submit letters of support from your in-country host affiliations after the deadline, but we make no guarantee that the letters will be matched with your application in time for review.
3. All applicants will be informed by email of the status of their application at the end of January. If you do not receive an email by February 5, 2010, please contact us.
4. If you need to change your mailing address after you’ve submitted your application, you must do so by letter or by email. We will not accept address changes over the phone.
5. Candidates who are recommended to the host country for further consideration will learn the final decision by the end of spring 2010.
6. Please note that for some country programs (i.e., Swiss Government Grants, English Teaching Assistants for France or Germany, etc.) additional applications will be required. Applicants recommended for these programs will be contacted at the appropriate time and will be given the opportunity to complete the next steps of the application process.