FLTA Foreign Fulbright

Are You a Non-U.S. Student Looking for More Information on How to Apply for a Fulbright Grant? Start Here.

June 29, 2015

How It Works: Fulbright from Fulbright Program on Vimeo.

Interested in applying for a Fulbright Student grant to the United States and don’t know where to start? Here are some useful tips:

  • Non-U.S. Citizens who hold at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent can apply to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program or to the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program (FLTA).
  • The Fulbright Foreign Student Program offers opportunities for foreign graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study, conduct research, and/or teach their native language in the United States.
  • Students in all fields of study are welcome to apply.
  • As a Non-U.S. Citizen, you will need to apply through the country in which you hold citizenship; either through a Fulbright Commission, or, the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in your country.
  • To find out if your home country has a Fulbright Commission or if the Fulbright Program is administered through a U.S. Embassy, please visit: http://eca.state.gov/fulbright/fulbright-programs/program-details-country.
  • Once you’ve determined how the Fulbright Program is administered in your home country, please contact the Fulbright Commission or U.S Embassy to find out what the eligibility requirements are, what programs are offered, and when the application deadlines fall.

Still have questions? Feel free to send your questions to fulbright@state.gov. Good luck!


You Might Also Like


  • Reply Mamadou Madiyou Diallo October 19, 2016 at 1:35 pm

    it’s been longtime that I dream to continue my graduate studies in the United States because the best universities in the world are there. I am a third year student and I want to continue to apply for the rest of my studies in the United States. I study finance and accounting

    • Reply Schuyler October 19, 2016 at 2:04 pm


      To learn more about how to apply for graduate level studies on a Fulbright grant, you will need to apply through the country in which you hold citizenship. Please visit http://www.eca.state.gov/fulbright to learn more. Good luck!

    Leave a Reply